Monday 12 October 2009

October "Nuts"

Just spent a lovely weekend with the Doggie-boys.

On Saturday afternoon we went to Paul and Pen's paddock for a bit of Agility practice. When we arrived they were busy re-painting the contact equipment. Now our pack can be easily identified by the blue paint blobs on them! I'm hoping Reno's wears of soon as I'm not sure what the judge at Midlands Counties will make of a blue tinted Malinois!!

Yesterday was the first Agility Nuts show of the winter season and Kiros ran really well going clear in 3 out of his 4 runs. Although the classes were small there were three really promising young dogs there that were running really well. I was delighted when Kiros won Ann's Power and Speed shaving a fraction of a second off the youngsters times. He came 4th and 3rd in the other 2 classes.

I'm really looking forward to next weekend as I'm taking Reno to Lucy Osborne's. This will be the first time that he has done something like this so I'm hoping he isn't going to be the disruptive influence! He has enjoyed the foundation training that we have done so far but likes to do a couple of "laps of honour" after every tunnel or line of jumps, bless him.

Speedy and Zippy have started proper Agility training and sound like they are doing very well. I'm taking Re to Pen's class on Thursdays (when I can make it) and we are starting to progress onto small jumping sequences, jumping lanes, target training and channel weaves set at 8" (which Reno fits through easily without wiggling due to him being so skinny!). I'm also hoping that Jo will be starting a Puppy group on Mondays soon so am looking forward to that.

No comments: