Sunday 4 July 2010

All Change!!

What a couple of weeks it has been.

Starting with Agility for Britain.  It was nice to go to a small show and catch up with a few friends.  Jo and Jackie were there with Reno's brothers and Daddy. I only entered Kiros in two classes at this show as he wasn't running well when it closed however at the show he ran lovely getting 8th place in Grade 6 jumping. 

He was a very naughty boy in the Agility missing both his A-frame and Dog Walk contacts (by miles!) but "No worries" I thought, "I can correct them at Tuffley". Unfortunately he over stretched himself at training on Tuesday night so now I don't have any opportunity to correct them before the Rescue League Finals next weekend,  assuming he is going to be fit to run as he now appears to have stood on something that has stung him and won't stop licking his paw!

On Friday I took Lynne to pick up her new Puppy. 

Meet Deco. He's a really cute Rough Collie Dog from excellent show lines (his Mum is a Crufts Best of Breed winner) and full of personality.

I so hope he lives up to his potential as I know how much Lynne wants to get into Showing again.

Either way though, I know he is going to have a very happy life.  I'm taking Reno around on Thursday to meet him.  That should be fun!


This weekend Ann and I went to Tuffley show.  It was our first visit to this show and we only went one day as it was a very long way and we were just sounding it out as a potential "weekend away" show for next year.

I think it is a definite.  The venue is spectacular with a large exercise area and a lovely river running through.  Although I wasn't running the Doggies they had great fun running around and Reno enjoyed almost going into the river.

He stood on the bank wagging his tail in the mud and then wagged it all over us so Ann and I had to drive home caked it mud.  Not sure how we would have explained it away if we had been stopped!!

It was nice to catch up with a few more Mali people.  Dave, Candice, Grace and Alex were there with Rusty and Kiah.  Hope Kiah enjoyed her first Grade 6 show Grace?

Ann and Harley had a serious "If only" run in the ABC qualifier.

Since we started competing in 2001/2002 Paul and Pen Sensky have been so supportive of Ann and myself as we have won up through the Grades.

My good friends have always gone out of their way to support Kiros and me at big events such as travelling down to London to see us at Olympia and arriving at Crufts at the crack of dawn.

I'm so happy now to be able to congratulate them on their recent successes.  Pen and Brenn won their final Grade 1 jumping at Lincoln  putting them into Grade 2 and, much to his surprise, Paul and Quincy won 3 Grade 1 jumping classes at Barrow this weekend also putting them into Grade 2.  I'm really proud of you guys.

Reno's training is continuing to improve.  He can now do 6 weaves in a straight line and is jumping and going on far more confidently.  I've started trying to put the weaves into a course but he is struggling with his rhythm if I keep moving so this is proving a bit difficult.  I'm hoping to get this sorted by next Sunday so I can do a few more runs with him.

No comments: