Monday 7 November 2011

Must try harder!!

Reno has been much more focused in training over the last couple of weeks.

The Sunday before last I went to Paul and Pen's to share a training session with Paul and Tiber. 

Both dogs enjoyed working together.  Tiber is showing a bit of spirit and pushing Paul a bit at the moment but he's looking really good.  His debut is next Saturday at Dog Vegas.  Good luck Paul!!

Reno worked some lovely sequences with only minor errors at the weaves and a couple of naughty contacts.

At Jo's training last Monday we were working on sequences.  We particularly enjoyed the one Jo set up to get us thinking of the fastest line for the dog and Reno demonstrated a brilliant understanding of the rules.

Then onto Ray's training at NADTC on Tuesday night...Ray set up a really nice grade 3 course which we would have gone clear on it it wasn't for a large pile of horse poo that Reno spotted on a turn!!  Still, can't complain about the perfect weaves and contacts :-)

On Saturday Kiros, Reno and I went to Katie's to do some training.  Jo was there with Ronny, Keisha and Zippy and Jackie came with Speedy, Leo, Jake and Brindle. 

Here's were the "must try harder" comes in.  I was really please with how Reno worked in a place he'd never been before on different equipment and with the excitement of having his family around him but I've realised that I could be doing a lot more to help him.  I've got a real tendency to cut corners and expect him to pick things up without any help from myself.  Comes from running Kiros for too long I guess?

So from now on I'm going to push myself a bit more to run faster and get to places to help him out (well that's the plan anyway!!)

After the lovely lunch which Katie made for us we took all 12 of the Doggies for a stroll together.  You can't see Brian and Heidi on the photo as they'd found the muddy ditch!!

Tonight is week 4 at Jo's Training - Grade 3-5 Course.  Really hope we do well!!

No comments: