Saturday 13 October 2012

Adams at Uttoxeter

When Adams Agility promised us, around the closing date of this show, that the ground at Uttoxeter was really well draining it's fair to say that I wasn't overly optimistic!! 

My previous experience of the ground was when Reno was entered in the BSD breed show at 6 months old.  It was a lovely hot August day but Reno and Ronny (who obviously led his little son astray!!) found several enormous puddles to romp in at lunch time. This resulted in me having to try and clean a very wet and muddy puppy with the only thing I had available - my jacket - before "Best Puppy in Show" :-)

Thankfully the ground was a lot better then I remembered and I wished I'd entered more then one day.

Adams offered a great selection of classes but I wasn't brave enough to enter any 4-7 classes with Reno so went for Adams Derby, Graded 3-5 Agility and Graded 1-4 Jumping.

Naughty contacts were (once again) the reason for our elimination in the Adams and Agility but Reno ran lovely in the jumping getting his first clear in Grade 4.  He ran in a respectable time of 26.560 seconds and finished just outside the placings.  As always there were area's that could have been improved - creeping too close to first jump resulting in a slow start, me stumbling a little, etc.

Kiros was a very cheeky boy at this show, leaving the ring part way around the Veteran Jumping to visit Ann, but although clear he was a little defeated by the amount of tunnels in Anysize jumping.

No comments: