Friday 31 July 2009

My Week Off Work....

.....started with Agility at Derby. Kiros ran well but I made a few silly mistakes so we only had one clear round all weekend. Surprisingly Kiros got faulted on his Dog Walk up contact in three of his four Agility runs. I don't doubt that he misses some of his up contacts, I've never trained them preferring a natural stride on, but we've never been faulted for so many at one time! Lets see what tomorrow brings?












We've just come back from a few days Holiday in Dorset. Once again the Dogs had lots of fun playing with each other. Dad bought a cheap water sprinkler that Reno had hours of enjoyment with.
Tomorrow we are off to JDA in Lincoln. I'm really looking forward to this show as it has a 4-7 Class. Much as I love being Grade 6 it will be a welcome relief (hopefully!) to run a course that isn't aimed at the highest level.

On Sunday I have entered Reno in the BSDA of GB Champ Show. I've never been to a Breed Show before so have no idea what to expect. I'm really glad Jo will be there to show me the ropes and I'm taking Lynne along for moral support.

Reno is losing his coat like it is going out of fashion at the moment and, despite me grooming him daily, it is still coming out in handfuls. I'm quite confident that he can stand and walk ok but I'm a bit worried that he might bark at the judge as he isn't keen on having his mouth opened.

Wish us luck!!!

No comments: