Sunday 2 August 2009

Reno's going to Crufts!

I promised Jo that I'd put a post on quickly to let you all know but she's still beaten me to it!!

Firstly, well done Jo for your excellent results with your Doggies and, Of course, to Jan and Lisa.

We had a lovely (but long!) day at the BSD Breed show yesterday. Reno's class was first in the ring. I was really nervous but the Judge was lovely. She helped us with everything when she realised it was our first show and was very kind with Reno. He was a little worried about her going over him but not as bad as I'd thought he'd be and no worse then the other Puppies. Much to my surprise he won his class so he then had to go against the other Dog winners for Best Dog in Breed and the Bitch Puppy for Best Puppy in Breed.

Obviously he was no match for the the other Dogs in Best Dog in Breed but he did win Best Puppy in Breed and then had to wait to go into Best Puppy in Show at the end of the day.

Jan had entered us in a team of four for the Breeders Stakes so after lunch we were back into the ring for that. Reno was a bit unsettled in this class as he was confused running around so close to the other dogs.

Many a time we have sat and watched the Group being judged at Crufts and a dog has bounced into the ring on the end of it's lead, not running properly and not letting the judge look at them and we've asked "How did that Dog even get though?". Well that was Reno in Best Puppy in Show!

It all happened to quickly for me. I couldn't get him settled and the other two Dogs, that were obviously more mature with more experienced handlers, total overshadowed him.

Oh well, still a very good result for our first Breed show and I'm so proud of my little man. Better get some practice done before Crufts!

No comments: