Tuesday 25 August 2009

Agility Nuts August Show

Kiros is well and truly back on form. Over the weekend he was clear in all but one of his competitive runs and was placed in all of them.


Saturday - 5th place in Agility (with Ann), 2nd place in Snakes, 4th place in Power and Speed and 4th place in Jumping.

Sunday - 1st place in Agility, first pole down so 5f in Jumping and 1st place in Time, Fault and Out Jumping. The rules of Time, Fault and out are that you keep running around the judges course until you make a mistake or the course time expires - in this case 40 seconds. Kiros ran beautifully and completed 37 obstacles in 40 secs but it almost killed me! I decided not to run Gamblers making the excuse that it might be to much for Kiros, but truthfully I think it was to much for me!!


Ronnie had great fun over the weekend. The judge must of had a laugh in Snakes (a jumping course were you have to avoid the tunnels) when Ronnie decided to completely circle the tempting tunnel before coming back to me.


He was almost clear in the Knockout Jumping but was distracted by the Dog running in the next lane and ran slightly past a jump. His best run of the weekend came in Ann's TFO. He completed 12 obstacles before being faulted. I'm sure that clear round is just around the corner!!

Reno had a great time being cuddled and playing with other Dogs.

Here are my courses from Saturday.

Veteran, Starters Plus and Elementary Agility
I thoroughly enjoyed the show, the highlight of which was Pen and Brennan winning my Elementary Agility and Kiros coming 2nd in the Summer Season Senior League. August Nuts August Show is rapidly becoming my favorite of the season. I think because it is a sharp contrast to the Pomp and Ceremony of the KCI Festival the weekend before. I'm looking forward to the Nuts winter season starting in October.

No comments: