Tuesday 19 January 2010

Agility full weekend

Now that the weather has improved I have had time for lots of Agility training with the boys. (unfortunately I didn't take my camera to any of it so you'll have to make do with this lovely photo of Kiros taken by Alan Score at our last show!!)

Friday night was Reno's 1st proper class at NADTC and it was very busy! Jackie set up four jumping exercises and split us into pairs.  Reno was paired with Queenie.  Both dogs found each other very excitng so it wasn't hard for us to keep their enthusiasm going.  By the end of the session they were both front and rear crossing beautifully.
I took Kiros to the Bob Sharpe training session at NADTC on Saturday.  I love the way Bob trains as he always knows how to get some real drive out of the Dogs and he handles in a similar way to me.  It was lovely to see Kiros shooting across the course picking up tunnels and generally behaving like a pup!!  Needless to say he was shattered by Sunday so I decided to give him a day of rest and only take Ronnie and Reno to Paul and Pen's Paddock.
With Pen's help I worked Reno in the weaves and over the A-frame.  We've managed to get him down to a 3" channel with a lovely style beginning to develop.  He tends to "pop out" a bit when I use a toy as reward but if I use food he's not so motivated.  Something to work on!!

I have to say that so far I'm very impressed with the target training of contacts.  Only Reno's second introduction to the A-frame and he just took himself over then firmly planted his nose on the target!!  He found it difficult to stop when he got over confident and tried to go to fast but immediately corrected himself by jumping back on and planting his nose again. What a good boy!!
Last night we did some "Puppy Circuit Training" at Jo's working on balance and lots of fun play.  He loved it and is now a very sleepy Puppy!!

No comments: