Monday 8 March 2010

Nuts, Newton Heath, Training and Decorating!!!!

I did intend to end my lengthy silence with picture or even video of Reno training but so far have not remembered to take my Camera with me so you’ll have to wait!


So here’s what I’ve been up to starting with Agility Nuts on 14th Feb. Kiros ran his little socks off at this competition with only 5f for a refusal (my fault of course) in 4 runs. He came 1st in Snooker, 3rd in Agility and Jumping and 4th in Helter Skelter. The points he gained now mean that he is just 7 off the top spot in the Senior league so everything to play for next Sunday.

Flush with success I headed of to Newton Heath the weekend after only to come away with 2 Eliminations! He likes to keep me on my toes does Kiros dog :)

The highlight of the day was seeing Jo and her Mali’s. Zippy is a very handsome boy but quite different looking to Reno. I’m looking forward to seeing more of them as the Agility season starts.

Talking of Reno, although I seem to have done quite a bit of training with him he’s nowhere near ready to compete. The problem is our speed differences! I can’t keep up with him and because he doesn’t confidently go on yet he tends to go around jumps or miss obstacles.

So far we are jumping just below full height and can do all sorts of handling moves provided we start from a wait and I can get in front of him. He is beginning to go on into tunnels. His full height Dog Walk is a bit slow but accurate. The A-frame is a bit too fast for his ability resulting in a hand stand at the bottom! He’s very nervous of the see-saw but has only done it a couple of times. We’ve covered Long Jumps and Spreads and he has no problem judging how far he has to jump. His weaves really haven’t progressed any further from a 3” channel as my stick in the ground ones are moving too much in the wet weather.

Jo Rhodes’ class is still working on foundation training at the moment which he is really enjoying. I think when we start doing a bit more proper Agility there he will start improving faster.

I’m really not sure when to start entering him in shows. I’ve got to fill some entries in by the end of the week because of closing dates. Got to make a decision soon!!

A lot of talk so I’ll leave you with pics of what has been taking up all my spare time. I’ve just finished re-decorating our bedroom for the 1st time in 18 years!


No comments: