Tuesday 23 August 2011

End of Summer

OK not exactly but this weekend WAS the end of the Agility Nuts Summer League for 2011 and, sadly, the last show that will be held at the gorgeous Park Land Stables in Ruddington :-(

Kiros, as always, ran beautifully winning every class that he went clear in and finishing the season as runner up in the Veteran League. He even managed to win the pairs with his pal Kizzy.

So onto Reno's performance!! 

No video's this time.  It's a shame as there were a couple of runs I'd have liked to have seen.

On the whole I think that we have improved since last Nuts but there are still some incredibly frustrating occurrences.

Saturday

Elementary Agility - Judge: Andrew Green - Started Jump/weaves so I took his Ball into the ring in the hope that Reno would attempt the weaves..............he didn't :-(

Elementary Tunnel Torment - Judge: Ann Miller
Although Ann judged this course I actually designed it and knew I'd struggle to keep Reno out of the tunnels.  I wasn't wrong but after I'd extracted him from them I ran 9-end beautifully!!

Elementary Jumping - Judge: Ann Miller

Ann designed this course and from the moment I saw it I couldn't wait to run it.  I knew Reno would do well in it and secretly hoped he'd go into the weaves.  He gave them a try but chose to go and look for his toy instead.  I managed to get him back and after another failed entry he completed them successfully so just 10f.

Elementary Gamblers - Judge: Pen Sensky - Although this was scheduled as an Agility class Pen had set the obstacles in a way that you could choose to do jumps and tunnels only.  This meant that I could amass a good amount of points for us by just sending Reno from tunnel to tunnel taking in the jumps in between.  We didn't attempt the Gamble as it had an A-frame in it but still managed 7th place in this class :-)

Sunday

Elementary Jumping - Judge: Di Polkey - Great start.  Even better finish with Reno working the handling section brilliantly.  Shame he wouldn't complete the 12 weaves in the middle of the course!!

Elementary Power and Tunnels - Judge: Paul Sensky - I can't believe what Reno did on this course.  The Power section started with the weaves so I took him up to them, held his collar and told him "poles" - he still chose to run past them and go into a tunnel!!!  After that he then did all of the contacts with a perfect stop at the end of each of them.  The tunnel section just blew his brain but he enjoyed it.

Elementary Agility - Judge: Jackie Boyd - In the same ring as the mornings Power and Tunnels so I foolishly expected the same behaviour on the contacts.  Obviously Reno can only stop on each contact once in a day.

Elementary Helter Skelter - Judge: Di Polkey - Saving the best till last!!  Lovely clear finishing in 3rd place (so I've been told the top 3 were separated by a very small margin)

The other course that I designed for Saturday was Starters + Tunnel Torment


Only a few more shows entered now - Chatsworth, Agility Nuts KC and Dog Vegas - so depending on the course may not run anymore Agility and just concentrate on Jumping and getting the weaves.

I've booked on a training session with Alistair Bray next Saturday.  To be quite honest I have no idea who he is or how he handles but thought a days training with new dogs in a different venue would do Reno a lot of good.  Wish me luck!!

No comments: