Wednesday 21 March 2012

Bronze, Silver and Gold

Both Reno and Kiros ran really well at the last Winter Agility Nuts show.

As I was judging I only managed to run them both in the Jumping classes but Kiros won Gold in both of his classes and ended the season as the runner up in the Veteran league.

Elementary Jumping - Judge:- Richard Ludlow - Reno loved Richard's course in January and this one was just as nice but this time had the weaves in it.  I handled a turn badly resulting in Reno back jumping but he didn't realise and continued to complete the course perfectly including the weaves:-)

Elementary Up and Under - Judge:- Andrew Green - Really imaginative course from Andrew but some how I never seem to do his courses justice.  I'm determined to do so one day!!  Needless to say I got Reno E'd for not trying hard enough!!

Last Tuesday was Awards night at NADTC.  To achieve Bronze you get two attempts to go clear on a simple Agility course. 

Reno ran absolutely perfectly and got his Bronze on his first run. What a good boy!!

We could have attempted Silver on Wednesday but I didn't want to over do it so we'll wait till October to have a go.  You only have one attempt at Silver so the pressure will be on.

Dog Vegas show last Saturday was our first KC show since September.  To say I was excited was an understatement!!

Kiros was entered in Anysize Jumping and ran a lovely excited clear.

This is Reno's first run in the team.  Once again we were the comedy element:-


The only other class I had entered him in was Graded 3-5 Jumping.  It was supposed to be judged by my friend Jackie Boyd but Doreen Sizeland had to step in as Jackie was ill :-(

It was a good open running course with a couple of tempting tunnels that Reno succumbed to but his weave were perfect.  I'm so much more confident with them now and am really looking forward to his next show at Easter.  The time has come for me to stop worrying about the equipment and start concentrating on attaching the course.

No comments: