Sunday 4 March 2012

Feb Nuts and onwards

Back inside and not as successful as January's show but enjoyable non the less.

Elementary Agility - Judge:- Iain Langman - At January's show Reno got all his contacts in the Agility round but I was very careful with them (mainly because of a difficult assent onto the DW) and it's fair to say they were slow.  At this show I decided to run them like I do in training and Reno decided that he wasn't going to stop on them so E'd for putting him back on!!

Elementary Snooker - Judge:- Pen Sensky - Decided to use this course to practise our weaves but I handled the entry wrong causing a fault so end of run.

Elementary Jumping - Judge:- Di Polkey - My fault again for miss handling a jumping sequence and getting Reno eliminated by great weaves and finish :-)

Elementary Helter Skelter - Judge:- Lynne Land - More bad handling!!!  Not working one of the jumps resulting in a refusal.

Just to prove that when Reno gets to the stage that he either understands (or ignores) my strange handling Kiros got three clears taking home two 1st and a 2nd.  I love this lad so much and his joy when on the start line is clear for all to see:-)


Down to Dorset again the next weekend for a relaxing weekend.  I forgot to take my camera so no up to date photos but Ollie is looking great now.  He was put on a diet by his Vet and the results are clear to see.  The little lad has so much energy.  Him and Reno don't stop playing with each other.
Wanda arranged coffee and cake with our cousins, Jayne and Wendy, who we haven't seen to talk to for years.  It was great to chat and catch up but the most amusing thing was that, even though Wanda, Jayne and Wendy all have kids, the first thing well all did was got out our phones and showed each other photo's of our dogs!!!!  Some things just run in the family:-)

Since we've been back it's been training, training , training to prepare ourselves for the first KC show in a couple of weeks.

Reno put in a good run in Dog of the Month at NADTC.  Although he missed his weave entry all of the other dogs were faulted and he was fast enough to win the class.

I've found some time to spend with Pen working on weave exercises and we've had our second guest trainer session at NADTC with Steve Croxford.

Last Thursday I attended an excellent session run by Jo Tristram and organised by Bob Sharpe.  Although Reno wasn't perfect he did very well in an environment he wasn't used to and on exercises that were a bit harder then what we'd attempted before.  This has given me a lot more confidence and I'm really looking forward to a few shows now.

Agility Nuts is next weekend and I'm judging the Agility so I'm really hoping there will be weaves in the Jumping.

No comments: