Thursday 15 January 2009

Agility Nuts Show


Firstly I have to confess to being a very bad blogger and not taking any photo's at the show!



Reno had a great time. He met Indi properly for the first time (they had a kiss through the bars of his crate before New Year!) and it is fair to say that it was love at first sight. Well, who could blame him?
He was fine on the exercise area but a little apprehensive inside. Indi really helped by playing with him and putting his mind at rest.

Kiros did a superb run in Power and Speed and finished 3rd. I decided to play the joker in jumping and we picked up 5f for dropping a pole (Sod's Law!). Ronnie did a really nice run on quite a complicated jumping course. He got eliminated because I miss timed a handling move but really enjoyed himself.

I judged TYOL jumping in the afternoon and was very pleased with how my courses were received. Quite a few complements and some imaginative routes taken.

Ann ran my boys in the afternoon. She's never ran Ronnie in competition before and hasn't ran Kiros for a year but still managed to go clear in everything! Kiros was a bit slow in TYOL as he was confused to see me in the ring but Ronnie ran lovely picking up a 4th place, his best yet!
Kiros's Agility was in the ring behind me so he had to come and say hello before he started. I couldn't watch his run, but heard him telling Ann off at one point, so had no idea how he'd done.
How surprised were we both to find out he'd won the class?!!

Thanks so much, Ann. You've definitely not lost your touch!

Reno went on his first walk to the Park with the "Big Boy's" on Monday. Walking them there was a bit of an experience. I think I'll have to set out some ground rules regarding which side of me they walk on. I can't believe how many people that have met him think that Reno is Kiros's son (my Gran included!).
Sorry Jo!

I took Reno to Nottingham ADTC on Tuesday night to meet everyone. Again he was a bit nervous inside, this time without Indi to help, and it is clear that he is more interested in Dogs then People. Something that I will have to be aware of although Ann says not to worry about it too much.

Tomorrow will be his first trip to our Vet. He's going to be microchipped and has a double appointment with Kiros. Kiros loves the Vet's so that should keep Reno relaxed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's great to know you spend this much with ur pet. Hope u have time for other things.
Emmanuel