Sunday 19 April 2009

Easter Holiday

It's hard to believe but today is the last day of our Easter Holiday. Back to work tomorrow but we've crammed a lot into our break.

Last Friday we went to Dog Vegas. Kiros was Clear in Grade 6 Jumping and Eliminated in his other 2 runs but the results don't really do justice to how well he ran.

He was eliminated the the Grade 6 Agility because I was just too slow to keep up with him, so not his fault at all! I was delighted with his run in the Grade 6 Jumping. Most of the courses I have run over the last couple of weeks have been very spaced out and have required the Dogs to power on past various obstacles. Kiros has lost a bit of confidence in doing this since reaching Grade 6 and having to run numerous tight, twisty courses. He is continually looking to me for a signal to turn. It was obvious from his run in this class that he is regaining his confidence and really loving it. We are normally way off the pace in Jumping classes but were just outside the placings in this one and within a second of 3rd place.

Reno met up with his brother, Speedy, for the first time since his vaccination. I'm not sure if they recognised each other but they are very alike. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera again!

Last Saturday I judged Agility and Snakes and Ladders at Agility Nuts. I think the courses went down well despite us being plagued with technical problems (we ran most of the classes on manual timing) and the weather being a bit dismal.

Ann ran Kiros in both of my classes and came 2nd in each of them. I, on the other hand, wasn't so successful with him. Are you spotting a pattern here? I didn't spot that he was desperate to go to the toilet when I got him out to do his Jumping run and he wee'd in the ring before starting. (He's never done this before, poor lad!) It was a shame because his run was good and would have been placed. In the Up and Under's I managed to run him past the last jump.

On Sunday we left for a few days down in Dorset. The weather wasn't brilliant but we still managed fit in plenty of time playing with the Dog's. Reno especially liked playing in the river. He's a real Water baby. He must get this from his Dad, Ronny?

Back to Nottingham for Kiros's swimming and Reno's Puppy class on Friday.

Yesterday I took the boys to Paul and Pen's so Reno could really get to know their Dog's. The two Belgians got on like a house on fire!!

Next Sunday Ann and I are off to Newbury. Harley is going for the ABC qualifier which I hope he does well in as he is really on form at the moment. Hopefully Reno will meet up with some of his family there? I know Jo is going with Ronny and Zippy and I think their Sister Megan is also going.

No comments: