Monday 6 April 2009

Scunnie and Shuttleworth

What a lovely weekend! Our first outdoor shows of the year and we couldn't have hoped for better weather.

I took Kiros, Ronnie and Reno to Scunnie on Saturday and forgot to take my Camera!
Reno spent most of his day playing with Indi. It is fair to say that he is obsessed with her. I'm glad to say that he broke free from her momentarily to play this Harley although I'm not so sure how pleased Harley was. I'm going to have a real challenge keeping his attention when she is about.
Unfortunately our Agility performance was a bit poor. Our best run was in the pairs with Kiros just knocking one pole but we were Eliminated in our other runs. Rather embarrassingly in the Crufts Agility because I sent Kiros over the wrong obstacle.

During our post show analysis on the journey home Ann and I agreed that I really should be able to achieve more clears with Kiros. He's such an easy Dog to run.

So on to Shuttleworth, this time with just Kiros and Reno, and a determination to go clear!


My determination paid of and we were clear in his Jumping, but outside the placings, and in the ABC Agility finishing in 2nd place. I was especially pleased with the ABC result as it was a large class, 220 Dogs, and Kiros has proven that he still has the pace to keep up with the younger Dogs.

Having said that, I watched an amazing run by Jo and Ronny that would have beaten Kiros by 2 second if he hadn't have been faulted on his Dog Walk. This partnership are on their way to great things. I feel so privileged to have one of Ronny's son's.

Talking of which! Reno had a great day. His Mum, Dad and Brother, Zippy, were all at the show.
He loved playing with his Daddy (hope you don't mind me pinching the photo Jan?) and posed beautifully with his brother.








He was a little of wary of people but, as they were all BSD people, they were all very understanding and offered him treats that he didn't refuse. I was so surprised at his reaction when he saw Jan and Lisa. He obviously remembered them as he launched himself at them almost knocking Lisa over.
Next weekend I'm at Dog Vegas and Agility Nuts so hoping for more clear rounds!

No comments: