Monday 2 July 2012

ABC Show

It was such a shame to miss Agility Nuts this weekend. Reports about the venue at Kelham Hall were really good and it seems that everyone had a great time :)

Having said that Winterton Showground is one of my favourite venues, especially for this show as it isn’t very busy and they leave the grass long in the exercise area so the dogs have a ball (or lose one or two!!)

Kiros ran 4 ABC Veteran classes over the weekend, enjoying every minute of it and winning all of them :)

Reno’s runs

Open Combined 1-3 Jumping – Judge:- Alan Hale – Excellent clear round from Reno with a tricky weave entry and 12 weaves. He came 2nd in a time of 21.591.

ABC Combined 1-3 Jumping – Judge:- Alan Hale – Reno was beaten by a Collie in the Open Jumping so I knew if I got him round clear he had a good chance of winning this. He was clear and he did win!!

ABC 1-7 Steeplechase - Judge:- Alan Hale – Reno ran well on this course as well but went into the wrong end of the tunnel due to lack of experience

These were the only three classes that I’d entered Reno in on Saturday. As you have to enter shows so far in advance I entered what I thought was best at the time. After the weekend before I wished I’d entered some Agility at this show as well.

Sunday didn’t go as well......

Jay McCartan judged both the Open and ABC 1-3 Jumping’s. Both courses had a bit at the end that Reno and I struggled to do but to be honest it wouldn’t have made any difference. Reno was really disinterested. Particularly with weaving :(

He did go clear in Jay’s ABC 1-7 Steeplechase but lost a bit of speed at the end. We ended up in 7th place.

Reno’s best run of the day came in the Speed and Power judged by Steve Retter. We were E’d in the jumping for going into an off course tunnel (don’t I know what we have to work on!!) but his contacts were great.

Thanks to Katie for taking loads of photo’s of Reno at the show.

No comments: