Monday 2 July 2012

Bitz'n'Bobz Saturday 9th June 2012

The weather wasn’t quite as bad at this show :)


Although it had been raining really heavily leading up to it the rings were dry with all of the boggy bits being in the parking areas. It was, however, extremely windy so none of the Agility classes had Dog Walks in them.

The show had the maximum of dogs going through each ring and coupled with a huge amount of course changes for each judge this made it a very long day. Reno did his first run at 10am and didn’t run again until about 4pm with his final run at 7pm. I have to say that I think this had an effect on our performance.

Kiros had 3 Any Size runs. He knocked a couple of poles in the Agility (which has made me decide to run him on Small now) but he was clear in both of his Jumping classes getting 8th place in one of them. I’m delighted with that placing as it was against young dogs, not just Veterans.

Reno’s runs.....

Graded 1-3 Agility – Judge:- Owen Edwards – A lovely clear round with stopped contacts and great weaves in a time of 28.067 secs (just 0.092 sec of the winning time) and 2nd place. Our first Agility clear and so close to winning into Grade 4!! I still can’t quite believe it

Combined 1-3 Jumping and Graded 1-3 Jumping - I can’t remember exactly what happened in these two runs. One of them had a really hard weave entry and 12 weaves that Reno did correctly only for me to forget the rest of the course and the other had a hard start, calling him of a tunnel. Again Reno did this well only for me to relax and lose him in another tunnel!!

Combined 1-3 Agility – Judge:- Julie Westwood – During the day I’d received news that Reno’s brother Speedy had won Grade 3 Agility at North Derbyshire show and therefore won into Grade 4. Wouldn’t it have been nice for both the brothers to win on the same day? So I decided to push Reno on this run as I knew from what had happened in the morning class that he could have won it. Unfortunately I pushed too hard and he came out of the weaves. Silly mum!!!

Huge congratulations to Jackie and Speedy. I don’t think they’ll be in Grade 4 for long. Speedy is running so well.

No comments: