Tuesday 23 December 2008

Olympia

Words cannot describe the feeling of walking through the tunnel into the Great Hall at Olympia. The noise of the crowd is deafening.


Kiros, Ann, Ade and I had the most amazing day yesterday. My darling boy definitely didn't let me down and made up for all the handling errors that I made!Unfortunately I got completely in his way in the speed jumping which slowed him down and made him take a pole down so we finished in 9th place but luck was on our side in the final.


Despite the fact that I was extremely nervous and couldn't run fast enough we managed to go clear. Then Sherie and Shadow, running two after us, put in an amazing clear putting pressure on the other competitors to beat their time. This resulted in a lot of the other dogs making mistake and us coming away with 4th place.


I have to mention Dave and Rusty as they really were the starts of the show. Running second from last their time appeared unbeatable but was matched, down to 1000th of a second, by Mark and Ruby! How Dave kept his cool in the run-off I cannot imagine but he did and this time his run really was unbeatable. Well done Dave and Rusty, you're both real stars.

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes and support.

Remember the Dog that pooed in the ring during his first Agility run? He's now come 4th in an Olympia final! Can you believe it?

No comments: