Wednesday 20 April 2011

Day 2 - Moving the Poles

OK, so we did cheat a bit on Day 1 by having the poles on grass but as I don't have access to a proper 2 x 2 set it's the only way I can use stick in the ground poles.

Today we completed Day 2 in my Garden.  There isn't a lot of space and I didn't set the video camera up very well but you can see that Reno is beginning to dig in and gain some speed through the poles.

My throwing is getting a bit better and throwing under arm has stopped Reno tracking the toy so much.

Unfortunately our starting position is out of shot most of the time so you can't actually so us working the arc.  Generally speaking Reno's success rate was very good and the times that you see him entering the poles the wrong way were when I was really challenging his entry and it didn't take him long to work out the correct entry.

My only concerns with this session were that my Garden is so small I couldn't get that far away from the poles or run very far.  Also, when we practiced the challenging left entry Reno didn't turn very tight.  Maybe this is something that will improve as we go through the training?

We're spending this weekend in Dorset, travelling down tomorrow evening, so I'm hoping to get Day's 3-5 Done whilst we are there (but may repeat day 2 as well).  Especially as there will be loads of room and Wanda (my sister) can help me with the video :-)

No comments: