Wednesday 20 April 2011

Lovely Lincoln

The Brown Doggies and Myself have just spent a lovely sunny weekend at Lincoln Agility Enthusiasts Show.

I'd say one of the best things about the show was spending time with my friends, both from NADTC and fellow Kronik Kid owners :-)

Congratulations to everyone that did well at the weekend. Especially Helen and Lily who won into Grade 2 at their 1st KC Show and to Jo and Zippy (Reno's litter brother) who is now Grade 6 and not even 2.5 years old!!

I've bought myself a lovely little (if not a bit pink) video camera to use at shows so managed to capture Reno's first 3 runs and Kiros's Allsorts Agility.

Kiros ran lovely all weekend with 4 clears rounds and 7th place on Sunday.

Unfortunately I didn't get Reno's best two runs of the weekend on video.  His best run was his first on Sunday (Hannah Banks's Grade 3 Agility) which he ran fast and clear with great contacts until the 2nd from last obstacle - the weaves!!

He really enjoyed the weekend and had great fun playing with all of his Doggie friends and his Daddy, Ronny, but I think the whole thing was bit to tiring for him.  His last three runs blew his brain :-(  I may have to think about only competing one day a week in future?

I was really optimistic at the weekend as it is clear that the only real gap in Reno's training is his weaves. I'm reasonably confident that following the 2 x 2 method until he completely understands them will work but have demoralised myself a little when looking back at my blog from 9th August 2010 when I proudly stated that they shouldn't be hard to fix.  Now, 8 months on, I've still not been able to sort it so is it overly optimistic to expect Reno to be weaving in 4 weeks?

No comments: