Monday 4 April 2011

A stitch in time...............

saves nine - So my Gran used to say.

If I'd just took a bit of time to update my Blog on a weekly basis I wouldn't have to spend so long updating it now!!

So a quick update from where I left off........

Reno ran OK in Feb Dog of the Month.  He used the excuse of visiting the Judge rather then weaving but wasn't eliminated until he backjumped (my bad handling).

The next weekend (5th March) Bob Sharpe came to train us at NADTC.  His session concentrated on handling and jumping.  It really played to Reno's strengths and my little boy impressed Bob with his skill and confidence.

After that (13th March) came the last Agility Nuts of the Winter Season.  I was Judging Gamblers Agility so struggled to concentrate on running Reno.  Here is Reno's Agility run.

Thanks to Katie for sending this to me.  I'm not sure why he chose to bail out of the Weaves.  He looks like he is going to do them and, when he eventually decides to concentrate, completes them easily.  The elimination was my fault as I forgot the course.  Good criteria on his A-frame the first time but not the second (I think the tunnels confused him) and a nice see-saw:-)

His other runs were similar.  Some good bits and some not so good bits.

All in all I was pleased with the way Reno was improving and was optimistically looking forward to Anthony Clarke's training on 19th and BCC of GB Show the next day when disaster struck!!

Reno wasn't himself at all at Anthony Clarke's training......He was really stressy.  The See-saw really freaked him out and for a while I couldn't even persuade him to go into a tunnel.  It was such a shame as Ant is a great trainer but I didn't get full benefit from his experience as most of the session involved me trying to coax Reno around the course playing tuggy after every other obstacle.

I wasn't sure it was a good idea to go to the Show the next day but it didn't turn out too badly.  Reno's waits and contact criteria were excellent.  With the exception of a missed weave entry his jumping run was great and the only problems with his Agility was his weaves and see-saw.



The weekend after the Dogs and me took a well earned rest in Dorset.

No comments: