Monday 15 June 2009

Otley Show

Otley's new venue was absolutely beautiful.

Reno had a great time playing with lots of other puppies. He has made firm Friends with Tina's Alfie and Will and between the three of them they managed to destroy his flying ring by playing three way tuggy with it!!

The exercise area was lovely and I managed to spend a fair amount of time with Ronnie on Saturday playing ball away from the other dogs. He loved his unusually twisty Anysize Jumping course and only decided to circle one jump so had 5 faults.

I let Kiros down a couple of times on Saturday causing him to have a refusal in both his Agility and Jumping runs which was a shame as we managed the difficult bits on both courses!

I ran the ABC course on Sunday with mixed feelings as I'm so worried about Kiros's age and his ability to compete with the younger dogs. I needn't have worried as he put everything into running the course and came 3rd, only half a second of the winning time and qualifying for 2010 semi final. I could not have hoped for a better confidence boost with this years semi coming up on Saturday.

Unfortunately it became apparent during the run that my leg had not fully healed so I'm resting it this week in the hope that I will probably be able to get one good run out of it. I think I will probably have to pull out of the Rescue finals on Friday to ensure that I am ok which is a great shame.

Well done to Jo for qualifying for the Adams Derby Final with Ronny and getting a 6th place in the ABC qualifier with Keisha, had it been later in the year I'm sure that would have been a qualifying place.

News from Thames is that Dave and Rusty have won their second CC with only one more to go before she is an Agility Champion - well done both of you and good luck in your next champ class.

No comments: