Sunday 7 June 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

Ok, I'll explain in reverse!

Last Saturday we spent a lovely day at Hinckley show. The sun shone down on us, Reno played with Speedy, all the Doggies enjoyed wallowing in a very muddy pond and we got to watch some spectacular Agility in the Champ ring. My courses were challenging but flowing and I managed a clear in the Combined 6-7 Jumping despite forgetting where I was supposed to be going at one point.

Now onto the Ugly...........On Sunday we went to PADS. Equally sunny and equally lovely venue but this time 2 of the courses set by Judges who appeared to want to make Grade 6-7 as hard as possible. I cannot imagine how either of the courses could have been enjoyable for any of the Dogs or Handlers and I'm afraid to say that it has really put me off this show.

The Bad?............I've had to spend today at home because I pulled my calf muscle during my second Agility run yesterday and am really worried that it will not heal in time of the Rescue/ABC Finals in a couple of weeks time.


So I'll finish with the Good.............We had a lovely day at the ABC Show yesterday. Ronnie really enjoyed his All Sorts run and amused Mike (the Judge) by giving a running commentary all of the way around.

My aim with Kiros was to stop him on his contacts. I haven't been stopping him in competition recently, mainly because he was showing signs that it was hurting his back but also because I'd really like to win another Grade 6 class, but I still want to have some control over what he does. I'm pleased to say that after being put back onto the first contact that he released himself from he stopped on all of the rest.
I didn't run the jumping,which was disappointing as it was a lovely course, but ran the pairs with Paul and Brennan. Bren ran first a knocked so many poles it was a real challenge for Kiros and I to workout where we had to go!

The grass in the exercise area had grown so long it almost covered the Dogs. They had great fun running in it, especially Reno who seemed to think he could walk on top of it and was really surprised when he sank!

No comments: