Friday 6 May 2011

Different Perspective

Today I was able to get to the paddock to complete day 8 of Reno's weave training.

I wanted to see how his action was developing through the weaves so I positioned the camera in a different place.  As you can see I was obviously no better at getting everything in shot.  The bar you can see at the top of the screen is the A-frame......I put the camera behind it as I couldn't be bothered to move anything!!!

As I mentioned in my last post I'm continuing to work on stage 9 but after watching Day 8 of the video I've realised that the exercises continue to use the jump.


Today I was much more confident that Reno was trying to get the harder weave entries, working them out quite easily.  To put things in perspective I tried a few of the entries with Kiros and he didn't pick them up without help :-)

We're now building up to 12 weaves so I've introduced the 2nd set of six.  You cannot see it very well on the video but I'm using two sets with solid basis.  The set nearest to the camera is the channel weaves fully closed.  These have the support struts every other pole opposite to where the dog steps. The set furthest from the camera are an "Adams" set with the struts that fold out on both sides.

Looking at Reno's action when he was working solely on the first set he was single stepping nicely but when I introduced the second set things changed.  He obviously preferred doing the set closest to the camera and he started double stepping and going a lot slower when he had to do the other set.  Lets see how he reacts over the next couple of days as I'll have to use the "Adams" weaves when the 2 x 6 are put together.

Thank you to Katie for your encouraging comments about Reno's weaves.  I hope I'm not boring people too much (that's if anyone is reading this!!!) but I'm hoping that documenting Reno's progress will help me in the future :-)

Day 9 tomorrow.................weather permitting!!!!

No comments: